If you want to make sure you're
date runs smoothly, you will also find more very useful information
in our dating advice, date
ideas, dating tips and dating
You should always be on your guard when you go out on a date with
someone that you don't know or know very well.
Here are our top safe dating tips
- Arrange to meet him. Don't let
him pick you up from your home.
- Meet in a public place. If possible,
double date or go out with a group of people.
- Don't be rushed into a date -
if you don't fancy it, then politely decline.
- Remember that alcohol affects
your judgement and lessens your inhibitions. If you are drinking,
keep your drink in sight at all times and don't get too drunk
that you don't know what you are doing.
- Use your own mode of transportation.
And leave with a full tank of petrol.
- Don't assume that just because
a person claims to be religious, that he's safe.
- Don't let him know where you
live. If you do want to see him again arrange a second date and
then take it from there.
- Avoid secluded areas such as parks.
- Listen to your gut feeling. If
something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. If you haven't
met him before and you know at the beginning of the date you are
not interested, leave immediately!
- Always let someone else know
where you are going and who you are going to meet. You should
consider arranging a time to call and check in. Or you could arrange
to meet up with friends later that night.
- Take a mobile phone with you and
arrange for a friend to call you during the date.